Monday, March 14, 2011

my.place

mi casa......su casa!  welcome, here's a sneak peek of my small and humble abode.  i've been working hard finding ways to improve my place without spending a hardly anything.  thanks to westwood discount my new fav store i can find interesting things at a fraction of the price.  my biggest splurge was a brand new pair of bright red ballet flats.....heart them for only 2.99!!!!!!  whooo-hooo go muah!  i was actually so sad about my current financial situation until one day i woke up with the determination to do something about it by finding free or very very inexpensive items and make them into something great.  i look at it now, as a challenge to expand my creativity.  there are many diy (do it yourself) projects coming up! stay tuned.

here's a peak into my apartment (more of the apartment too come when i finish working on it):


yours truly!




max...aka: maxeroni, maxalicious, maximus, maxie pad, etc



my steal of the week!  thank you westwood discount i have one happy set of tootsies!

if ever in need of some personal art do it yourself.  this is a painting i did in about 2.5 second and i've loved it ever since.  you can make art out of just about anything and with any amount of time. get creative

my vase i found for only .99 cents

i put a large pegboard up on my bathroom wall (yes, all by myself, just me and my power drill) more pictures will soon come showing this lovely piece.  i am still looking for a shelve to fit this space that i will hang with pegs.  i have no linen closet so i needed to find an alternative storage space. this also holds all my jewelry on short pegs sticking out of the wall. saw this in my dads shop and begged him to have it.  thank goodness I'm a daddy girl :) 

 


found this unique hook in my dads old barn.  love these

needed some fresh greenery so i stepped outside and simply cut a few branches.  you don't need a floral shop to get this look. just look out your front door and find things around you that will work.


found these at the DOLLAR STORE!!!!!!!  seriously i'm still in shock and love the look they give the room.


i call this my inspiration board.  its were i put new ideas, magazine cut outs and other inspiring works of art.  everyone should have one of these



ta da!  my bedroom
so i know its not out of the pages of home beautiful, but i must admit its my little slice of heaven. its a place i have been working at to make beautiful for a while now.  please share with me your ides and bedroom inspirations!  i would absolutely love to here them!
xoxoxo
B

4 comments:

  1. Very cute Brooke! I love the colors in your bedroom! It's beautiful! Your creativity is inspiring:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thank you that's super nice of you to say. you just made my day! ~the funny thing is i'd rather get a compliment on my home style rather than my outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke! I didn't know you had a blog until you posted a link on FB and I must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE your style and DIY attitude and creativity. You are such an artist and I've always loved what an individual you are. Your casa is looking amazing!!!! Love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Steph!!!!! I sure miss you sister! We had the best times together!! I am so glad you are so happy, it totally shows :) Where are you living now??

    ReplyDelete