Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring + Break

Perfect timing
the warm weather has just arrive
and yesterday was my first day of a 2.5 week spring break

Although I try not to sleep in 
nothing's better than not having to wake up

Here's the happenings of my first day
i've already started the most exciting part of my trip
packing!  My boys are now securely tucked in for the big trip
Cut new luggage tags.  Always a plus when your trying to identify your bag from a million others that look exactly the same
  Cute new makeup case.  Only 25 cents at the dollar store.  It's smaller than my everyday bag 
I keep all my jewelry in clear plastic zip lock baggies.  Necklaces on the other hand are a tricky thing.
any suggestions??
Cute new socks I got at the dollar store
Needed some sunglasses for the trip.  Got em' all at the dollar store.  Why buy expensive glasses when for some reason you always lose them?
sunglasses on.  ready to roll
First day wearing shorts!  and as of course my fav mocassins! They are most definitely on my trip checklist.
The complete look
levi butts....my fav
Last but not least.  Did my own eyelash extensions and I love them so!

What a great start to the break!!
Today I have another photo-shoot with one of my fav fams 
"The Eddies"

Tomorrow?
A pedi I recieved from my other favs, the Van Horn girls
Kori, Leah, and Kenda :)
They are so so so good to me
and I am so so so grateful!
If not for you I would have a very sad set of tootsies on my trip!
muah!
Love you three!

Have a fabulous Friday!
and please do tell your plans for Spring Break!
I hope you all are able to take one
xoxo
b

7 comments:

  1. Brooke!
    If you don't mind sharing, i'd love the scoop on how you do your own lash extensions?! I'd love some tips :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooke, so you had mentioned you needed assistance figuring out what to do with your necklaces.....whenever I travel, I put my small chain jewelry through a straw and hook the ends, shorter but chunkier through a toilet paper roll, and longer chunky stuff through a paper towel roll. It sure beats having them all tangled together! Good luck on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Brooke, not at all. First off I've been wearing fake eyelashes for over 7 years straight so they've become a cinch to put on. Warning: at first they can be really hard to put on but just keep practicing! You'll get better and better at it. As far as where to get them you can buy them online. I went here: http://www.discounteyelashes.com I recommend practicing with regular over the counter eyelashes (the ones that come in little sections) before you tackle the hard core stuff. The extension glue is intense. Hope this helps!!! Send me a pic if you do them!!

    @ Whit, Ok you are a serious genius! Thank you so much, this has been an ongoing problem for me for years!!!!! oh and love you photog blog! You're so talented!
    xo
    b

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing with my necklaces, except I wrap them around the tp roll. I either tape or pin them the ends. (tape for airplanes, they dont much care for the metal pins!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the feed back Molly!! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you love your toes...need a picture...have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete