Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bartski

I'm just going to give a disclaimer now
this post is a long one
He carved this out of one single piece of wood

These wires are all connected so that when you turn a crank on the side the whole things moves and the fisherman casts his reel
Blocks carved for me when I was a child
He made the chain link out of a single piece of wood
Iron heart cast
My dad loves to travel and see new places.  Our next adventure: Washington D.C.
I'm bursting at the seams today
With ideas, thoughts, and good vibes
After a day like yesterday,
there is no where to go but up

Never in my wildest dreams would I love and appreciate my Facebook friends so much
A BIG thank you again to those kind souls who took the time
to send a kind word to me during a very trying day.
I appreciate you more than you know
honestly xoxoxoxoxo

One friend in particular send a very heartfelt message that
really made my day, thank you Molly :)  That meant a lot
Sometimes I wonder if my ramblings are read by others
and even more so
actually appreciated
I have received my answer
I now know

Little does my friend know that I am inspired by her
and her strong spirit
Even though we have not stayed in touch like we should
This woman has a lot on her plate
and has the ability to balance everything she's got going on
I admire her

Because of unforeseen circumstances and events yesterday
I was only able to cross off one thing on my very long to do list
However I did get one thing accomplished
I did what I love
I took photographs

My Dad (short for Daddy) 
the inspiration behind today's post
My dad is one of the most unselfish people I have ever known
He is always incredible about putting the needs of his girls before his own

Besides being good to the core
He contains more talent in his pinky finger than normal people do in their entire bodies
But you wouldn't know that would you?
Because along with being incredibly talented he is also very modest
He doesn't see what I see
"amazingness"
and yes I made up that word,
and I will stick with it even though my spellcheck disapproves
 See for yourself
check out the pics above

Three things I am loving today:
  1. Found a great new blog yesterday thanks to my friend over at J Bella it's called My favorite things
  2. Love these 2-color Ikat Business Cards from Made by Girl  
  3. Handmade Kindle Fire case found on etsy
Hoping you have a lovely day!
xoxo
b

3 comments:

  1. Okay three things:
    1. Your dad is seriously fabulous.
    2. Washington DC is a MUST! Living there was a dream for me and I loved every minute of it.
    3. I am SO glad you found my fabulous GF Molly. She is amazing... just like YOU. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow he is very talented, as are you, Washington dc is a amazing place I loved it when my family went a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ J Bella I am so excited to go but what to see? Need suggestions!!! Yes Molly is a blast to read. @ The Bigelows, Thanks I think so. Where all in DC did you go?

    ReplyDelete