Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vain & Vintage

 
One of my favorite stores ever
besides Goodwill of course
(which reminds me tomorrow is Sunday and the sale colors will be changing!)
got a little too excited just now
ok breath

Back to V&V
As you can see they've got so much to choose from
including vintage costume jewelry ( my personal fav), textiles, shoes, purses,
nightstands and everything in between
But the thing I love the most is
that it is SO affordable!

They even have a downstairs with discounted items
which is what I hit everytime
Found some real gems there.
To see more like them on facebook
The owner, Laura
keeps it updated by posting pic of many of her new in store arrivals.

I was also able to ask her some questions like:

What can people expect to find when people visit your store?
I think that one of the good things about my store is that you NEVER know what you might find there. I love to try and stock unusual items or things that are very difficult to find in our area. You can of course, find the basic antiques, vintage clothing, furniture,glassware etc... but I LOVE to be able to offer a few truly unique treasures to my customers.



What is your favorite era and why?
I think that my favorite era ia probably the 1920's. Women were front and center for at least a decade. The designs were fluid, curvy, sensual. The clothing was detailed and beautifully fitted. There was emphasis on everything feminine♥


 Where do you draw inspiration from?
I draw inspiration from so many different sources ~ blogs (yours is awesome!), antique shows (especially "The Farm Chicks" show), my talented friends and family, books and magazines, other shops, and my latest fun "time suck"...Pinterest♥♥♥
If you're into great deals and vintage finds
be sure to check it out!

Love Sundays
I will be playing catch up today
with the dreaded laundry
Mikey makes a mean pile of dirty laundry

What is your Sunday routine?
I'd love to hear from you :)
xoxo
b

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous spread and a fun little article! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete