Friday, February 3, 2012

Unhappy

So I didn't want to use that word
but it is what it is

I am unhappy

Just two things really,
1.  My sister (aka my very best-est friend in the whole wide world) is leaving for two and a half months to train for work
2.  I am very discontent with the style of my house
it's so hard to live with someone who does not share the same taste as you.  My home is of the utmost importance to me.  My family or friends would be the first to confirm this.

So as any normal person would do
I'm not going to wallow in my unhappiness
I am determined to do something about it.

First, I will be placing sleeping syrup in my sister's drink tomorrow night 
so that she will miss her flight....

Ok, so maybe that's a bit extreme.
I might be better off spending every single second with her for the next few days

As far as my house goes,
I plan on skipping the overwhelming feeling of trying to do it all 
and start concentrating on doing one section of my house at a time.

Another favorite blogger of mine, Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere recently had her home featured in Apartment Therapy (which I find equally as inspirational)

A tour of her entire home can be found here
I just really love how she keeps things simple
meanwhile marrying old school charm with new & modern pieces

I hope this inspires any of you looking for change
As always happy Friday
All my love,
Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment